Andrew Bonderud earned a bachelor of arts degree with high honors from Vanderbilt University in 2005, and a Juris Doctor degree from Boston College Law School in 2012. Between college and law school, he was a Surface Warfare Officer in the U.S. Navy.
While in the Navy, he deployed to Latin America as part of a Joint Inter-Agency Task Force (JIATF-SOUTH) to interdict narcotics that were being trafficked to the United States via the Eastern Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. He later deployed to the Middle East with the USS Enterprise Strike Group, where he participated in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
As an attorney, Andrew focuses on criminal defense, personal injury, and family law. Learn more about our recent cases and successes by clicking on our blog here.
Andrew serves as outside counsel to Laborers International Union of North America, Local 630, a public employee labor union that represents public employees throughout central and northeast Florida. Outside the firm, Andrew is a prolific real estate investor and has heavily invested in residential real estate throughout Jacksonville.
Andrew is married to his wife, Natalie, and has two daughters from his first marriage. Andrew’s beautiful and blended family splits time between their homes in Avondale and Jacksonville Beach. Andrew’s office is located in a historic building where the late U.S. Congressman Charles Bennett resided in Riverside. Andrew is fluent in Spanish. When you call our office, a bilingual secretary will answer. Llamenos hoy.
Highlights from 2023:
- Lead-counsel in 4-week federal criminal jury trial in Jacksonville, Florida, where our client was charged in connection with an alleged $1.4B health care fraud conspiracy. Our client was found NOT GUILTY.
- Lead-counsel in a 1-week federal criminal jury trial in Jacksonville, Florida, resulting in a deadlocked jury on the principal charge, which alleged a federal criminal conspiracy to pay and receive health care kickbacks, with alleged government losses in excess of $30M.
- Obtained a NOT GUILTY verdict in a DUI jury trial in Duval County, Florida.
Highlights from 2022:
- Lead-counsel in 4-day federal criminal jury trial in Ocala, Florida.
- Obtained involuntary dismissal of $35,000,000 health care fraud criminal conspiracy charge in federal court. View the federal court order here.
- Negotiated dismissal of 3-count vehicular homicide case, resulting in a plea of guilty to a low-level misdemeanor traffic violation.
- Obtained cease and desist order against JEA in labor relations arbitration.
- Obtained reinstatement and back-pay for client in labor relations arbitration against the City of Orlando.
- Obtained policy limits settlements in numerous auto injury and premises liability cases.
- Helped numerous clients navigate high-conflict divorce with minor children.
- Boston College Law School - J.D. - 2012
- Vanderbilt University - B.A. - 2005
We Deliver Results!Fill out the contact form or call us at (904) 438-8082
to schedule your free consultation.